The organ installed in the newly built Christ Church in 1861 was provided by the firm of Gray and Davidson. This was a two manual instrument sited on the North side of the Chancel behind the choir stalls. The cost was £250. Details of the specification are unknown, but the instrument was moved in 1898 to the Caius Mission Hall in Yelverdon Road, Battersea, prior to the installation of a new organ for Christ Church by J W Walker & Sons.
J W Walker & Sons 1898
This new instrument was sited in the space vacated by the old organ where the present-day console is to be found. For full details of the specification follow the link below
J W Walker & Sons 1954
In 1954 it was decided to rebuild and enlarge the instrument and, once again, J W Walker and Sons were chosen to carry out the work at a cost of £7,000. The organ was re-sited in an elevated chamber with a case high above the Choir Stalls on the South Chancel wall. A new detached console was placed in the space left by the 1898 organ on the North side, giving the organist a clear view of the Choir Stalls. The opening recital was given on 16th May 1954 by Sir William McKie, Organist and Master of the Choristers at Westminster Abbey. For full details of the specification follow the link below